1 Cup of Buckwheat Groats (soaked overnight)
1/2 cup of dates
1 tspn of Vanilla
2 tspn of gluten free Baking powder
1/2 tspn of cinnamon
1/2 cup of desiccated coconut ( I use coconut magic)
– Soak buckwheat groats overnight. In the morning strain and rinse the soaked groats, make sure all the slimy stuff is washed off.
– Preheat oven to 150 degrees
– set aside half of the groats and place the other half in a food processor/blender/thermomix with prunes, dates, vanilla, cinnamon, & baking powder. Blend until smooth.
– Remove from your processor and stir through the set aside groats and desiccated coconut.
– line some baking trays with baking paper. Place mixture in biscuit sized lumps on trays and flatten a little (mine were a little bigger than an Australian 50 cent piece).
– Sprinkle with coconut flakes and place in the oven until crisp (30-45 mins)
* If you want the biscuits to be smoother only set aside 1/3 of the soaked groats